Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm thinking that Cristin is the only one reading my attempts at blogging! So thank you very much Cristin!!! I started something new yesterday! I went back to school!!!!Yes, ME!!OLD ME!!! I had been thinking about doing this for a few years. When I mentioned it to a friend a couple of years ago, she laughed and said YUCK, why would anybody ever want to do that? Well, I probably would have continued to just think about it but, Kelli said one day to me that she had heard about a program that she had felt that someone in our family is supposed to do. She told me that out of the blue that info bout this program had come to her 3 different ways over about a period of a week and she felt that she was being told that someone in her family should do this but she didn't know which one of of us this message was meant for!![ I think that she was thinking Brenna or Erin was the one!] When she told me that, I said that I had been thinking about this for a few years!!!! She gave me the info and then when the open house came around she reminded me about it and I said sign me up! I don't think she thought that I would even go to the open open house but I did and I registered and paid for the class that night much to every ones shock!!! SO.....last night I had my first class in phlebotomy!!!!! I am going to learn how to take blood for lab work!I hope that I can do it!! It's a little overwhelming with the amount of information that you are expected to learn in a short time. My first test is this Saturday. I'm a little scared and really hoping that I can kick my brain into learning mode again!! I've taken a few hundred workshops and c.e. courses over the years for teaching preschool but i haven't taken a test in a University in nearly 26 years! I'm excited, though!!! Cristin, wish me luck!!!

4 comments:

Cristin said...

WOW I am so proud of you and you should be proud of yourself too!

I don't think it's ever too late to go back to school...the more knowledge you know the better!!!

Congrats and good luck!

Erin said...

Well, I stoped checking your blog because the last time you posted was on Nov.19. I am SOOOOO proud of you!!!!

KELLI MC said...

hey! i posted a comment under cristins on your last post!

sweetb said...

I am proud of you! I tried to call you yesterday to see how it went. I think it is awesome and you will do great.

I too stopped checking after a moth or so.