Saturday, February 7, 2009

Christmas and then UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've not blogged in so long, I wasn't sure that I could even remember how to log in but I made it on the 2nd try! I had a wonderful Christmas! I love having my family all here together, even though it's pretty crazy with all the little ones here. I wouldn't have it any other way! I love experiencing Christmas with my grandchildren. They are all so cute with their excitement over Christmas! One of my best Christmas memories was the year Bella was 3 and Keelin was 4, I think and Kelli, Erin, the 2 little girls and I went to christmas Eve service together. Keelin drew me the most adorable picture of the nativity on a prayer card during the service. it's a little picture of Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus. I still have it! During the candlelight part and the singing of Silent Night, 3 year old Bella touched my hand to get my attention and then Bella whispered to me "tankyou Nanna for bringing me to Jesus birthday party" Aren't those the sweetest things? Rob and I went to Kansas the day after Christmas and arrived after being delayed several hours to find my sister's house in fullblown party mode! Now, that has never happened before! I'm always happy to see my sisters. And all the rest, too. It was so nice to see most of the family in one place. A few days later I was also so happy to see Rob's 90 year old aunt in good spirits. She always acts like it's a party when we see her! And this year was extra special because Gail and Fred and their granddaughter in-law and great granddaughter were there. We haven't gotten to spend anytime with them for years and it was just great. Also Jerry was there and Dixie and leslie's 2 boys.[Where were you, Leslie, painting your utility room?] Rob and Dixie had their regular concert . We just had a great day! We also got to experience a chinese buffet in Oklahoma. Birdell's favorite I think! I also got to see my 90 year old aunt, the last of my dad's original family. She had just entered a nursing home and was trying to make the best of it. I just love getting to spend time with my family and Rob's family. These times spent with our families are so precious to me. We are lucky to have them. It was good to see Sharon and Robert and to be with Rob's Mom. I love going to my brothers farm and seeing he and Sallie and eating those awesome homegrown steaks!! Rob thinks it's really funny that he grills the steaks outside and see cows right there! He calls it "Dead cows walking"!!
Now, the UGH part. I have been sick since the day after we got home-really sick. I had a terrible sinus infection and bronchitis. I think I'm finally over that for a few days and then last Sunday a molar broke off at the gum line. One of the weirdest things I've ever felt and by Monday, I felt awful-sick again. I finally saw my dentist Tuesday, and not only do I have to have oral surgery to get the roots out, I also have another one that is at the point of abscessing. And another one that needs a partial crown. I've been on antibiotics since Tues. but I still don't feel so good! I am tired of being sick and tired of pain. Of course I always keep in mind that whatever is wrong with me could be worse. I can always think of someone else that has more pain or worse prognosis than I do. I just get tired of back pain and shoulder pain and leg pain which I have on a daily basis, and now I get a big mouthful of pain! At least I'm here!! And the whining stops now, except for the terror of oral surgery. I think I've got some whining left on that one!!!

3 comments:

Cristin said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful Christmas and got to spend time with your family in Kansas.

I will keep you in my prayers and hope your pain goes away!

KELLI MC said...

you are not answering your phone and i want to know how your 1st day of school went!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetb said...

sorry about the ugh!!!!! part. mouth stuff sucks